Chandeliers are the epitome of class and elegance. While slightly more affordable than they were centuries ago, chandeliers will forever remain a status symbol. As it turns out, the history of the chandelier is significantly more fascinating than one might imagine. Here is a quick look at some facts you might not know.
5 Quick Facts For Chandelier Connoisseurs:
- Chandeliers Weren’t Always So Glamorous. The first chandeliers were used in the Middle Ages and were made of a wooden cross and mundane fixtures for the candles to rest on.
- Chandeliers Are An Icon of Class and Elegance Today. They first became a representation of wealth and luxury when the price of keeping them lit kept growing so expensive only the rich and nobility could afford it. Their representation of status and wealth has remained a constant since the early days.
- The Maria Theresa Chandelier is Still Popular to This Day. Its lasting popularity is due to its clearness and glamour, which allow it to complement a more modern style of room.
- Maria Theresa, the Empress of Austria, Gave the Chandelier its Name. In 1746, she was introduced to the new style of chandelier and became quite taken with its modern style and icy finish.
- There Are Many Different Types of Maria Theresa Chandeliers. Styles range in their degree of sophistication. The Pure Maria Theresa chandelier is a bestseller and a fantastic decoration with an opening featuring an additional light or glass ball in the middle of it
Kingdom Lighting has a selection of Maria Theresa Chandeliers that would impress Maria Theresa herself!